Instagram @cheriezeng

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

259 CORNER; Fusion Café Bar

Yesterday I went out to have dinner with my BFFs at 259 Corner Café!
Previously I went there before with J & Family to celebrate Mother's Day as well!
I had a great experience there, so here I'm going to share with you guys my experience from yesterday, and snippets of the food we ate!

259 Corner Café is a Fusion Café/Bar where they serve food great home-cooked food, western food, and drinks! 
"Taste the 2 different chicken cuisine when East meets with the West at 259 CORNER."

Love the framed photos on the wall, & the furnishing from old school signage to modern outlook.



We didn't order booze, as I wasn't feeling well, so we drank Snapple and this Grass Jelly Drink that JY said it was good! 
Ohyes, talking about boozes, They have promotion on their beers: 
Sapporo bottled beer, 5x for $30 only
Tiger bottled beer, 5x for $25 only (with purchase of any meal above $50)

So for starters, we have mushroom soup,
who doesn't love a bowl of hot steaming soup?!
This Mushroom soup was sweet and creamy, with a generous portion of mushroom!

Herbs & Spices Chicken wings, their signature dish.
It has a unique taste to it, that I have never tasted before, 
the sauce was still dripping from the skin! and the meat was soft and nice.

Curry Chicken Rice with Bread,
259 Corner's speciality! 
"The curry chicken recipe inherited from owner grandma since 1960s, Grandma learnt the recipe from a Peranakan family."
& this dish was our favourite from the meal we had!
The meat was so soft,
the spice level was just right for me, 
but it was a little spicy for Charm & JY (who doesn't take spicy at all) 
But surprisingly they still eat it, & said it was their favourite!
JY love the bread and curry combination the most!

Seafood Aglio Olio, comes with clams and prawns,
it was a disappointment for this though,
the paste texture was ok, not dry or what, 
but it is not as savoury as the other aglio olio I had elsewhere,
I am a great fan of aglio olio, 
but nope, I did not fancy this dish as much.
but the plus point for this is that the prawn is so nice that Charm ate it all!

So I don't know if I have said this before or not, but I have never liked prawns, 
I'm not allergic to them, I just don't fancy it at all, so I just stayed away from it.
but I really like crayfish and lobsters!
The next dish was a prawn dish, there I would not eat, 
however, when I saw the presentation, and how it's garnished with garlic etc., 
I just feel like taking a bite!
I ate one, & it tasted like crayfish/lobster!
yummz! 
not forgetting the mash potato that Charm fell in love with, 
it was soft & smooth!

Grilled Chicken!
Love the fries, not a big fan of the chicken though, the chicken itself is nice but it was a little bland, but dipping it with the lemon-black pepper-mushroom sauce helped a lot! 
the skin was crispy!

Egg Benedict accompanied with a slice of thick pancake (with cream cheese inside), 
topping it off with slices of smoked salmon & drizzled with yogurt sauce.
Don't know if its all-day breakfast or dessert! haha

Had a great meal at 259 Corner!
Definitely a great hang out 'corner' with friends & family!
Great food and great ambience.

Address: 259 Tanjong Katong Rd, Singapore 437047, Singapore 437047
(just behind Tanjong Katong Girls' School)

Monday- Saturday: 12pm - 12am
Sunday: 10am - 9pm

Phone no.: 6247 7877
Email: reservation@259cornercafebar.com


Show this post to get 10% off!
*Terms & Conditions apply*
-only valid for standard price, cannot be used with other promotions.

1 comment: